Curated by Richard C. Davis
1. Look for projects:
- Government Electronic Business (GeBIZ)
- Venture capitalists often have projects and are looking for people
2. Pick an industry and network with people in that industry:
- Public Sector
- Research Labs
- UX Networking Events (like UXSG!)
3. Consider taking an internship (without pay) just to build up your portfolio.
4. Share your portfolio online:
- Design your own website
- Redesign an existing website and send it to the company to get a job (read how Nina Mufleh caught the attention of Airbnb’s CEO)
5. Build a relationship with an organisation over time.
6. Tangent: How do you find interns?
- Make contact with teachers and get them to connect you with their students.
- Talk to students and try to understand their vocabulary.