Definition – When designers give life to the projects with visual design.
Elements in a Style Guide:
- Font Styles
Tip: Don’t bother to read the whole style guide. Just make sure you don’t change your client’s logo design or color!
Q: Should we design for mobile or for web first?
A: Mobile because we are forced to focus on the core features. However, the context will determine the behaviour of the users for different platforms.
Bodystorming is the new norm.
Open Device Lab @ FoolProof
User Experience (UX)
Definition – Logic flow of user’s journey interacting with UI via storyboarding
- What are the needs of the users?
- What problems do the users face?
- Problem framing
- Reframing of problem
- Come up with at least 5 problems and solutions
- Don’t be fixated with the first pair of problem and solution. it’s just a stepping stone.
- Define persons
- Use post-it to rate problems
- Assign tasks to users
- Internal user testing
- External user testing
- Screen capture if the users are not available or they are in a different time zone
- Screen sharing would be the most ideal situation
Build without writing a single line of code
5 considerations for good user experience:
- Error / Not intuitive
- Error Recovery