UXSG Meetup #35 was held on Wednesday, 24?May 2017 from 7-10PM at Jimmy Monkey Cafe, #01-51 One-North Residences, 9 One-north Gateway, One-North Residences, 138643.
This meetup is specially curated as an invite-only event where smaller group of experienced practitioners have the opportunity to discussed topics in greater depth through a Lean Coffee format.
Special thanks to Michael Ryan from Jimmy Monkey cafe for opening the cafe from 7pm (usually closed at 6pm daily) specially for this event.
In this session, we have a total of 10 attendees and spent significant time discussing the following topics in depth:
- Is there a “right way” of practising UX and a “wrong way” of practising UX? by Lim Huishan
- Guardians of The UX Galaxy – How do we step up and form a front against Dark UX patterns performed by our ‘own’ people? by Patrick Vos
- What practices do you do to stay creative throughout the design process? by Valerie Oon
There are many other interesting topics we are unable to discuss – and will leave it to future sessions:
- How important is the quality of language used on an interface when evaluating overall user experience? by Lim Huishan
- Designing systems/components with huge amounts of data – discuss and share challenges, learnings and best practices by Mohammed Pitolwala
- What was one big mistake you’ve made as a designer and/or in your career? What did you learn from it? by Kwek Wenshu
- Outcome of commoditising design thinking in organisation by Jonathan Yap
- Design pushing beyond your comfort zone and when to draw the line by Jonathan Yap
- Understanding UX by Sharon Lim
- Full Stack developers are the current Unicorns in the IT sector. How would a ‘Full Stack’ UX Unicorn look like? And most important, is it something that the industry needs??by Patrick Vos
- There’s a hefty discussion between big name designers about surrounding the ‘everybody is a designer’ mantra. What are our thoughts about this concept? And what is our role? by Patrick Vos
- In driving change what could be viable approaches from individual to organisational levels for the development, application and assessment of UX methodologies to better connect sectors locally and globally? by Wei Kong
- Doing UX / design in a company that’s not mature in it – how to get stakeholders and others on board? By Koh Jia En
- Designing for Augmented reality by Mandi Lee
- How do one identify ‘knowns unknowns’, and sharing of what works / not works based on past actions taken? by Raven Chai
- What skills define practitioners as they mature? by Hong Khai Seng