UXSG Meetup #43 was held on Thursday, 19 April 2018 from 7–10PM at 111 Middle Road, National Design Centre Level 2, studio room 1-5, Singapore 188969.
We are continuing the approach of nurturing meaningful relationships between industry peers by spending quality 1-on-1 dialogue time (knowing each other deeper), before branching out for group discussion on UX specific topics (knowledge sharing).
7:00 PM – 7:45 PM: Registration + BYO Dinner + Mingle
7:45 PM – 7:55 PM: Welcome & Introduction
7:55 PM – 9:15 PM: Getting to know someone deeper through 1-on-1 dialogue (way over time as everyone enjoys the dialogue)
9:15 PM – 9:25 PM: Break
9:25 PM – 9:55 PM: Lean Coffee session in small groups of 3 – 5 people in each group
Feedback from participants:
- Happy with the 1-on-1 session but need better time control
- Leave more time for the group discussion
- BYO is probably the best idea, easier for individual to either pack their own dinner to the venue, mingle with fellow participants while having dinner
The ‘rules’ to invite new participants into future meetup session stay the same as:
- Only participants who have attended the previous two meetup events will be part of the invited list for the next meetup.
- The invited participants are allow to invite ONE (1) additional person of their own wish to attend this meetup (based on trust that they will extend the invite to the right people only).
- We are targeting the total attendee size not to exceed 40 pax to keep it small and condusive for deeper discussion.
Note: If you happen to stumble upon this article and wish to attend future UXSG meetups but do not know anyone active in the group yet, find a way – ask around – then get an invitation into this small, intimate group for deep conversations.